Back to Top
How does Vumelana work?
- Applications for funding are invited from communities, government departments, transaction advisory teams and or investors.
- A cooperation agreement is signed with the community setting out the basis of the relationship between the community and Vumelana.
- A transaction advisory team is contracted to structure an agreement in terms of which the community makes the land available and the investor undertakes to finance and manage operations.
- The transaction advisory team procures proposals from potential partners which show how the land will be developed to create jobs, income, skills and other benefits for community members.
- Once an agreement is signed, the investor reimburses Vumelana for the costs incurred by the transaction advisory team in putting the deal together.
- The reimbursed funds are used by Vumelana to finance the support to the Community Property Institution for a period of up to two years.