Hundred new land claims received
Government has received roughly 100 new land claims since last week when the process reopened for five years, chief land claims commissioner Nomfundo Gobodo said on Wednesday. “We have received about a hundred claims, from all the provinces,” she told Sapa on the sidelines of briefing in Parliament.
“We are expecting more, depending on the number of people who were left out. But there was always this perception that they would flood our offices, and we have not seen that.”
Gobodo added that so far the claims have been lodged at the department’s provincial offices in cities, and said officials planned to take the process to rural areas.
Follow the link below to read the full article: