National Land Tenure Summit – 2014
Author: Department of Rural Development and Land Reform
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (DRDLR) will be hosting a fundamental National Land Tenure Summit from 4 – 6 September 2014 at Birchwood Hotel in Boksburg, east of Johannesburg, in Gauteng.
Objectives of the Summit
- To address the main land tenure reform challenges raised in the 1997 White Paper on Land Policy;
- To follow-up and implement the resolutions of the Land Tenure Conference, 2001 and 2005 Land Summit; and
- To build an inclusive partnership around a common and coherent four-tiered land tenure system with the following Green Paper on Land Reform, 2011 policy proposals as key focus areas:
- Strengthening land tenure rights for people living on commercial farming area;
- Communal land tenure policy;
- Communal Property Associations; and
- Regulation of land holdings.
Follow the link below to read related documents: